There are a lot of amazing advantages to installing a generator. If you live in a region where a natural disaster could knock out your power for multiple days at a time, having a generator is critical. Not only will it provide enough electricity for light and basic appliances, but it will also make sure your home is safe. Not only that, but it will also keep perishables from going bad. When it comes to basic survival, installing a generator is worth every penny. Here are five benefits of home generator installation.
- Basic amenities will be functional – even if the main power goes out. In a black out, it can be fun for the first couple of hours – you get play games in the candlelight and you engage in activities that you wouldn’t otherwise engage in. Eventually, though, your computer starts to lose battery power and your cellphone stops working. Not only that, but you’ll be cut off from your television and the radio. Having a generator installed will make sure you aren’t without those things. In a natural disaster, it is important to have access to news and your cell phone.
- Your perishables will be kept safe. Having a home generator, like the one provided by Carrier, will allow you to keep all your food fresh and edible in the event of a blackout. One of the biggest advantages of Carrier home generators is that – no matter what – you will have plenty to eat if the power goes out. Plus, food can be expensive. The last thing you want is to throw out all the food you have in your refrigerator, especially if you just made a big market run.
- Air conditioning and heat still works. Making sure that your home is cool in the summer or warm in the winter is important. When the power goes out, you are usually faced with the daunting prospect of having to protect yourself from the cold or warm weather. Home is supposed to be a shelter, but not when there is a blackout. With a generator, however, you won’t have to worry about your home getting unbearably cold in the winter or too hot in the summer.
- Saves money. Usually, when the power goes out, you have to move into a local hotel until the power comes back on. However, if you have a generator, you won’t have to worry about spending money on staying at a hotel. Not only do hotels have a large nightly rate, but there are also other costs, like incidentals and Internet fees.
- Increases the value of your home. If you have a generator, your home will be more attractive to potential homebuyers. So, you could look at your generator like an investment. Whatever you spend on your generator, you may get back when you finally put your home on the market. At the end of the day, a generator is a whole separate source of power that can make a home invincible against power outages – what can be better than that?